Thursday 12 June 2014

#2: The Little Fig, Melrose Park


#2: The Little Fig, Melrose Park - Find them on Yelp!... here


Its little, its almost hidden, its quiet - but it just feels right on a surprisingly active street where sits The Little Fig. Surrounded by teeny places such as a bakery that has tradies shipping through at a fast pace, a ceramics and tiling shop that runs classes while you run your eyes over the goods, and a few other interesting shops including ones to purchase somewhat expensive dust collectors at. But its there, and this neighbourhood has never looked so full!

Staffed by two, the menu is simple but very good. The coffee was made well and was exactly what I needed from the moment my lips hit the cup till the final milk moustache was wiped. The foccacia I ate had the right combination of flavours and colours and had me slowing my rate of consumption to enjoy the flavours - forgive me but I'm vague on what it was called. There was Salami and tomatoes, spinach and feta on a yummy bread of sorts. Reading through the magazines was only required part time, while people watching through the glass to outside of the shop added to the glazed over look I occasionally fell into considering I had just finished work.

For the size and location, it was surprisingly busy for 1:30pm, and by 2pm I was the sole occupant listening to the banter of the staff working which both entertained and amused me.

A great place to bring a couple of people for brunch I would assume, and I would aim to do that even in the summer months because the sun would warm this little shop right up and keep those sitting outside in happy sunshine good vibe-ness. A definite re-do is necessary.

0 commentators:

Post a Comment